Ahtanum® Brand YCR 1
Sensory notes: Grapefruit citrus, earthy, floral
Ahtanum™ (YCR 1 cv.) is an aroma-type cultivar bred by Yakima Chief Ranches. It is used for its aromatic properties and moderate bittering. It has unique aromas that include citrus(grapefruit), earthy, and floral. The variety is named after the location where Charles Carpenter established the first hop farm in the Yakima. Valley in 1869.
For more information on purchasing Ahtanum® Brand YCR 1 hops please contact Yakima Chief Hops LLC.
- Yield (lbs per acre) 1,600- 1,800
- Alpha Acids 5.7 - 6.3%
- Beta Acids 5.0 - 6.5%
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids) 30 - 35%
- Total Oils (Mls. per 100 grams dried hops) 0.8 - 1.2
- Myrcene (as % of other oils) 50 - 55%
- Caryophyllene (as % of other oils) 9.0 - 12%
- Humulene (as % of other oils) 16 - 20%
- Farnesene (as % of other oils) 0.0%
- Storage (% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20° C) Fair to Good