Citra® Brand HBC 394
Sensory notes: Citrus, tropical, low cohumulone
Citra® Brand is a registered trademark used with HBC 394 cv special aroma hop variety developed by the Hop Breeding Company. It was released in 2007. Citra® Brand hops have fairly high alpha acids and total oil contents with a low percentage of cohumulone content. Citra® Brand hops imparts interesting citrus and tropical fruit characters to beer.
For more information on purchasing Citra® Brand HBC 394 hops please contact Yakima Chief Hops LLC.
- Yield (kilos per hectare) 1600-1800
- Yield (lbs per acre) 1400-1600
- Alpha Acids 11-13
- Beta Acids 3.5-4.5
- Alpha-Beta Ratio 2.9-3.1
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids): 22-24%
- Total Oils (Mls. per 100 grams dried hops) 2.2-2.8
- Myrcene (as % of total oils) 60-65%
- Caryophyllene (as % of total oils) 6-8%
- Humulene (as % of total oils) 11-13%
- Farnesene (as % of total oils) 0%
- Storage (% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20° C) 75%